Thursday, April 11, 2024

Well, Hello There…

Hi friends! It’s been awhile since I’ve posted anything, and I’m truly sorry about that. You may be reading this thinking, “does this mean she’s going to start posting on a regular basis again?!” Short answer, no. I’m not ready for that kind of commitment.
However, I am working to figure out my life and ministry, and this seems like the best online platform to share my struggles and victories (since social media, as a whole, is not on my radar anymore).
I’ve debated on whether to flood this post with pictures from the last 5 years or what would be the best way to bring you up to speed, and I think maybe just an overview of the highlights might be the most helpful for all of us.

  • Starting with November 2019 - I got a divorce from my husband of 5 years. He had moved out in February 2018, and God did a crazy amount of work in my heart to bring me to a place of acceptance that our marriage was truly over and that I needed to move on. My ex-husband then went on to get remarried in March 2020, and I truly wish him all the best. I pray God will do an amazing work in his heart and the hearts of his wife and children to bring them to a saving knowledge of Himself.
  • August 2020 - I began working in COVID-response at the Florida Department of Health. From there, I went on to infectious disease response in January 2023, and this past August, I transitioned into a role as a case manager. God has grown and stretched me in so many ways through these jobs, and I can see how He’s using my interactions with clients and coworkers to teach me how to be an ambassador of reconciliation to the world.
  • October 2022 - After living in a world affected by the COVID pandemic for 2 years, I finally contracted COVID for the first time. It knocked me down for about 10 days, but I never developed any lung issues because of it, praise God!
  • November 2022 - I ended an 11-month long relationship with an unbeliever, and God brought me to a breaking point. I knew I could no longer try and settle for less than God’s best in my relationships, and in my life. I knew I needed to submit every area of my life and my heart to Him. And I have been pursuing Him and allowing Him to pursue me ever since.
  • September 2023 - I co-taught a class on prayer and fasting with my pastor’s wife, Anora. And wow, did this change so many things for me! I have a true hunger to pray ALL THE TIME for everyone and everything. I’ve been looking for ways to pray more for people. It’s amazing how this practice has changed the way I view and relate to God. Have I “arrived” at spiritual perfection? By no means! But my desire right now, and I pray for the rest of my life, is to hunger and thirst for God and communion with Him every minute of every day.
  • February 2024 - By the grace of God, I am finally debt free! When I reached this milestone, I felt sure God would immediately show me a full-time ministry or missions opportunity He has been saving for me, but so far, nothing has come up. Isn’t it funny how His timing is so often different from ours? 

One opportunity He has given me that I am pursuing is a mission’s trip to Togo, West Africa this summer to help some missionaries there with their Vacation Bible School for over 300 children! I am so excited to have this chance to show God’s love to “even the least of these.” If you’d like to join me in this endeavor, please do so by praying for all the preparations and these children’s hearts or consider contributing financially to the cost of my trip. More info to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment